How to Connect at Pender - Real Relationship Building
Creating new friendships is one of the most important, and sometimes the most challenging, pieces of work we do here on earth! Perhaps that’s why Jesus stressed it so much. Jesus says that the two most important things we can do in life is “to love God” and “to love other people.” (see Matthew 22: 36 – 38 here).
Would you take a step of faith in God? God wants you to know people here. We ask for your partnership with God by stepping out of your comfort zone to meet people at Pender. We'll tell you some ways to connect right away.
- Pender Connections Class
- Sunday School classes (9:30 & 11:00 am)
- Family (all-church) Dinner & a Movie Nights
- Coffee Hour (a fellowship space down the hall to the right from our welcome center)
- Women and Men's Groups or Retreats
- a Small Group (meet weekly or bi-weekly and new ones are always beginning)
- joining a Missions Team (especially in the summer time)
- Bible Studies (Tuesdays 9:30 am, 2 pm, 7 pm and several evenings)
- Periodic All-Church Activities
Relationships are the core of what God has created for us in our lives. God’s desire is that every person find a “home” with genuine friends to share the moments of life together that matter. We believe that’s an important part of why Jesus put together “the church.” It’s a relationship gathering of His followers who can support, love, and serve one another.